Some youths in Ikom Local Government Area of Cross River State have been elected as Principal Officers in the National Youth Assembly of Nigeria (NYAN).
NYAN is an independent youth-centric group, with over a decade of service dedicated to being the legislative voice of the youth in Nigeria….CONTINUE READING HERE
It serves as a platform to educate youth and women about effective governance, contributing to unity and national development. The association was founded by a group of Nigerian youths committed to making Nigeria the country of their dreams through active youth engagement and participation.
The exercise which was conducted on Sunday 24 September 2023, took place at the Ikom Local Government Area Council hall, at about 2:30 pm.
The event was followed by the immediate integration process conducted by the Chairman of the National Youth Council of Nigeria Ikom chapter, Comrade Kenneth Kajang Neji, and Comrade Ekara Esha of Ikom 2.
The following were elected:
- Ambassador Nton Nton Bassey (Ambassador speaker of Ikom)
- Ambassador Eka Victor Lifu (Majority leader)
- Ambassador Francis Wisdom Amba (Ikom constituency 1 leader)
- Ambassador Emmanuel Esoso Ese (ikom 2 constituency leader)
- Ambassador Otie Otie Prefect (Ofutop 2 leader)
- Ambassador Gideon Ojong Asam ( Ikom Urban 2 leader)
- Ambassador Agbor Kelvin (Nta /Nsle leader)
- Ambassador Esekup Kennedy (Abanyum leader)
- Ambassador Diligence Ayuk E (Nde leader)
- Roland Obi (Akparabong leader)
- Ambassador Abaji Joy ( coordinator of people with disabilities PWD)
- Ambassador Godwin Otang (publicity secretary)
- Ambassador Ndifon Gabrielle (Ikom urban 2 leader.
The event was witnessed by dignitaries including Ambassador Eugene Ojua who represented Ambassador Abraham Okpa; Chairman of the National Youth Assembly of Nigeria, Cross River chapter, who was thankful for a successful election conducted.
The activity was concluded with a courtesy visit to the Ikom Head of Local Government Area (HOLGA), Elder Ikpi Jonah, who advised young people to engage only in positive activities....CONTINUE READING HERE